A few scattered thoughts after the Pats' eighth straight win, Ohtani passing on the Sox and another double dip for the Bruins and Celtics looming on Monday night
- Greg and Chris had you covered wall-to-wall per usual from Buffalo. I'm incredibly curious to see how this Rob Gronkowski late hit situation plays out. Greg noted in his game report that he doesn't think the tight end will be suspended. A large fine is certainly coming at the least.
- Ohtani will not be heading to the Red Sox or anywhere in the Eastern time zone, it appears. With the Giancarlo Stanton trade talks reportedly heating up this week, hopefully the big dominoes start to fall so some other free agency movement occurs across the league in the coming days. Sean will be on top of it all for BSJ from the Winter Meetings in Orlando this weekend.
- Celtics get a nice little test on Monday night against a new-look Bucks team with Eric Bledsoe at the helm at point guard. While Bledsoe is scary, seeing a little less of Malcolm Brogdon is probably a good thing for Boston. He's repeatedly had big games against them in his first two seasons.
- Bruins are quietly turning their season around in a major way over the past couple weeks as they climb up the Division standings with some better goaltending and better health once again. Joey Mac will be on the scene in Nashville for a tough test Monday night with Anton Khudobin back in net.
Onto the links....
10:30 a.m.: Bill Belichick Conference Call (Price)
7:30 p.m.: Bucks at Celtics, NBCSN (Robb)
8:00 p.m.: Bruins at Predators, NESN (McDonald)
This was something else from Tarik Cohen:
“He’s going the wrong way. Now he’s REALLY going the wrong way. What an idiot. Why would be do this? What a buffoon. Touchdown, Tarik Cohen” pic.twitter.com/XEKB9C03CH
— Barstool Sports (@barstooltweetss) December 3, 2017
Tis the season: GIFT SUBSCRIPTIONS
Looking for a quick, easy and valuable gift for that huge Boston sports fan in your life? BSJ has easy gift options, and it's the type of gift that gives every day.
We just added a printable gift card option on the gift page. You can print it, fill it out however you want, stuff the gift membership information in there, and you’re all set! Or you could just forward the gift email you receive. Either way, you’re going to be a hero to that special Boston sports fan in your life.
Weekly schedule (subject to change, due to travel, of course):
Mondays: Sean McAdam - Red Sox/MLB.
Tuesdays: Christopher Price - Patriots/NFL.
Wednesdays: Brian Robb - Celtics/NBA.
Thursdays: Joe McDonald - Bruins/NHL.
Fridays: Greg Bedard, Noon - Patriots/NFL/BSJ.
A few reminders:
- Every Friday, Dr. Jessica Flynn will answer your injury questions about all four teams, or any other injury questions you have. You can submit those questions at any time via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or you can Tweet them to her here.
- Mr. PatsCap himself, Miguel Benzan, does a weekly mailbag with all your funky cap-related inquiries. Hit him up via email or Twitter.
- We just added a ton of content to the Free Preview section, so if you have any friends that are holding out, send them here to take a look. Included are a couple of my Patriots’ breakdowns. Make sure you tell them we don’t talk about #BSJFightClub.
- iOS app. Android app. (Both have 5-star reviews)
- You can subscribe here.
- If you wish to upgrade your subscription to any of our other levels at any time, hit My Account at the top of the screen and then click Upgrade Subscription through a browser. In the app, click the settings thingy in the upper right-hand corner, click My Account, and then Upgrade Subscription.
- We're going to kick in our advertising plan very soon. We're looking for advertising partners who realize the unique value of BSJ, and like to support small, home-grown businesses. For more information, go here. For this model to work, we need advertisers to help offset our travel budget. It's crucial.
- Find a typo? Let us know at email@example.com.
- Need help? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org