Good (late) morning!
Today is one of those classic New England early winter days. It's cold outside, get the fire stoked and then set up shop a 1 p.m. for a double dose of the Celtics and Bruins.
Of course, you should double-screen it with Live Coverage from Brian Robb at the Garden, and Joe McDonald in Philadelphia so you can keep locked in with their insights and analyses at the games.
Had a great time at Gillette last night. Unfortunately, my alma mater, Lincoln-Sudbury fell to King Phillip 10-7 in the Division 2 Super Bowl, but the Warriors from the south are worthy defending champions.
- KP coach Brian Lee has a really good squad, and he's done his father proud with the program he's built there. Twenty five wins in a row are no joke.
- Neither is running back Shane Frommer, who should be fun to watch at Yale.
- Congrats to Tom Lopez and L-S for a terrific season. It was fun watching them play in the same place (different stadium) as I did in 1989 when the Warriors last won a state title.
- Andrew Marshall can carry the rock.
- With a great junior class, hoping next season is the ultimate for L-S: Coach Lopez reaching 300 wins, and another state title.
- Fun connecting with a bunch of old classmates (yeah, we're old) and watching the game with fellow alum Albert Breer.
- Of course, there was Scott Zolak strutting the KP sidelines like he owned the place. Love the skinny jeans, Zo.
- Hope everyone has a blast at Gillette today with the other six Super Bowls. Good luck and good health!
And away we go...
On The Beat: 5 questions with Buffalo writer Mike Rodak
Tom Brady, Danny Amendola removed from injury report
Dr. Flynn’s Mailbag: Hits on Tom Brady, and comebacks by Edelman and Hayward
Gene Steratore will work as referee for Patriots-Bills
Podcast: Price talks Patriots-Bills with Sportsnet 590 The Fan in Toronto
Podcast: Price talks Patriots with Buffalo’s WGR Radio
Tom Brady on Eli Manning: ‘Nothing but the most respect’
Completed Q&A: Bedard on Patriots, NFL & BSJ
BSJ exclusive: Ray Bourque on Charlie McAvoy, and a possible return to the Bruins
Analysis: Tuukka Rask was better vs. Lightning than you think, here’s why
Cassidy announces goalie schedule for upcoming road trip
1 p.m.: Bruins at Flyers, NESN (McDonald)
1 p.m.: Suns at Celtics, NBCSB (Robb)
2:30 p.m.: PGA Golf — Hero World Challenge (NBC)
5 p.m.: College hoops — Providence at URI (CBSSN)
Looking forward to seeing some more of this today.
Tis the season: GIFT SUBSCRIPTIONS
Looking for a quick, easy and valuable gift for that huge Boston sports fan in your life? BSJ has easy gift options, and it's the type of gift that gives every day.
We just added a printable gift card option on the gift page. You can print it, fill it out however you want, stuff the gift membership information in there, and you’re all set! Or you could just forward the gift email you receive. Either way, you’re going to be a hero to that special Boston sports fan in your life.
Weekly schedule (subject to change, due to travel, of course):
Mondays: Sean McAdam - Red Sox/MLB.
Tuesdays: Christopher Price - Patriots/NFL.
Wednesdays: Brian Robb - Celtics/NBA.
Thursdays: Joe McDonald - Bruins/NHL.
Fridays: Greg Bedard, Noon - Patriots/NFL/BSJ.
A few reminders:
- Every Friday, Dr. Jessica Flynn will answer your injury questions about all four teams, or any other injury questions you have. You can submit those questions at any time via email (email@example.com), or you can Tweet them to her here.
- Mr. PatsCap himself, Miguel Benzan, does a weekly mailbag with all your funky cap-related inquiries. Hit him up via email or Twitter.
- We just added a ton of content to the Free Preview section, so if you have any friends that are holding out, send them here to take a look. Included are a couple of my Patriots’ breakdowns. Make sure you tell them we don’t talk about #BSJFightClub.
- iOS app. Android app. (Both have 5-star reviews)
- You can subscribe here.
- If you wish to upgrade your subscription to any of our other levels at any time, hit My Account at the top of the screen and then click Upgrade Subscription through a browser. In the app, click the settings thingy in the upper right-hand corner, click My Account, and then Upgrade Subscription.
- We're going to kick in our advertising plan very soon. We're looking for advertising partners who realize the unique value of BSJ, and like to support small, home-grown businesses. For more information, go here. For this model to work, we need advertisers to help offset our travel budget. It's crucial.
- Find a typo? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need help? Drop us a line at email@example.com