A few random thoughts while I try to figure out Tuukka Rask's Movember mustache is the worst this year, or the worst ever. #Dec1mustcomesooner
- Pretty good game at The Garden last night, with the Bruins hanging on for a 3-2 victory. JoeyMac has all the details in his column, and Game Report.
- Obviously, the big news is that Tuukka Rask broke his four-game winless streak and beat the best team in the league. That will make all the Hockey Gurus who look down their noses at us simpletons (yes, Joe's included) very happy. It's certainly possible that the huge save at the end of the second period will propel Rask into being the No. 1 goalie he's paid to be, but I don't think we've heard the last of #RideTheDobby
- Did anybody else notice that Rask was very focused and involved all game? There are games and stretches where he definitely is not as focused, and that's long been my problem with him. He plays when he wants to, makes excuses for his poor play because of what's in front of him even before he takes the ice, or ducks some situations entirely. Last night, Rask looked for a guy playing for his job. Good. He should play that way every night.
- Is there ever an expiration date on when you can mention that a guy won a Vezina Trophy? Because Rask won his five years ago, and this will be the eighth season where he doesn't win one. It's like the Vezina is a Masters Green Jacket. Once you win one, apparently you're always a Vezina winner in perpetuity.
- Brad Marchand finally comes back into the lineup and ruins a power play by getting sent to the box early in the first, and picks up his second penalty five minutes into the second period. Welcome back, Marchy.
- Charlie McAvoy is good at hockey.
- Zdeno Chara is sometimes very hard to watch.
- Reilly Nash was awesome in that game.
- David Backes isn't human, he's a hockey player.
- Celtics-76ers should be a very good game tonight, and a little gutcheck for Gang Green, who have two losses in their last four games.
- Everybody's all riled up about the Red Sox possibly getting Jose Abreu ... Sean McAdam discussed that possibility a week ago.
- Love this Tweet about Sean's story detailing how Dice-K will be used to help recruit Shohei Ohtani.
And away we go...
McDonald: Win or lose, it was the right decision to start Tuukka Rask
BSJ Game Report: Bruins 3, Lightning 2 — Rask’s timely performance leads to victory
Video: Torey Krug on his goal, Tuukka Rask’s performance
Video — Tuukka Rask: ‘We wanted to bounce back today and we did’
Live Coverage: Bruins 3, Lightning 2 — Big win as Rask ends his slide
Bruins should kick the tires on defenseman Ian Cole
Bruins Notes: Tuukka Rask starts; Brad Marchand, David Backes return
Bedard’s Breakdown: Elandon Roberts evolves into Jamie Collins role
Tracking Patriots contract incentives after Week 12
Patscap Mailbag: Questions on Mitchell, Hightower and forecasting some contracts for ’18 and beyond
Tom Brady, Chris Hogan among official DNPs for Patriots Wednesday
Video: Nate Solder talks about Tom Brady’s leadership style
Tom Brady not spotted at start of practice; Cam Fleming could get call at RT vs. Bills
11 a.m.: Bruins practice, Warrior Ice Arena (McDonald)
5 p.m.: Live Q&A — Joe McDonald on Bruins/NHL.
3:15 p.m.: Patriots locker room (Price)
7:30 p.m.: Philadelphia 76ers at Celtics, NBCSB/NBA TV (Robb)
Weekly schedule (subject to change, due to travel, of course):
Mondays: Sean McAdam - Red Sox/MLB.
Tuesdays: Christopher Price - Patriots/NFL.
Wednesdays: Brian Robb - Celtics/NBA.
Thursdays: Joe McDonald - Bruins/NHL.
Fridays: Greg Bedard, Noon - Patriots/NFL/BSJ.
Tis the season: GIFT SUBSCRIPTIONS
Looking for a quick, easy and valuable gift for that huge Boston sports fan in your life? BSJ has easy gift options, and it's the type of gift that gives every day.
We just added a printable gift card option on the gift page. You can print it, fill it out however you want, stuff the gift membership information in there, and you’re all set! Or you could just forward the gift email you receive. Either way, you’re going to be a hero to that special Boston sports fan in your life.
A few reminders:
- Every Friday, Dr. Jessica Flynn will answer your injury questions about all four teams, or any other injury questions you have. You can submit those questions at any time via email (email@example.com), or you can Tweet them to her here.
- Mr. PatsCap himself, Miguel Benzan, does a weekly mailbag with all your funky cap-related inquiries. Hit him up via email or Twitter.
- We just added a ton of content to the Free Preview section, so if you have any friends that are holding out, send them here to take a look. Included are a couple of my Patriots’ breakdowns. Make sure you tell them we don’t talk about #BSJFightClub.
- iOS app. Android app. (Both have 5-star reviews)
- You can subscribe here.
- If you wish to upgrade your subscription to any of our other levels at any time, hit My Account at the top of the screen and then click Upgrade Subscription through a browser. In the app, click the settings thingy in the upper right-hand corner, click My Account, and then Upgrade Subscription.
- We're going to kick in our advertising plan very soon. We're looking for advertising partners who realize the unique value of BSJ, and like to support small, home-grown businesses. For more information, go here. For this model to work, we need advertisers to help offset our travel budget. It's crucial.
- Find a typo? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need help? Drop us a line at email@example.com