And, as usual, the Patriots were left on their own.
The Celtics had their 16-game win streak snapped last week, and then the Bruins saw their four-game streak halted on Sunday, which leaves the Patriots as the hottest team in the city with seven wins in a row. And, judging off how the Steelers struggled with the Packers last night, the Patriots might win out.
Some things never change in New England.
Some other thoughts:
- Missed the Bruins' loss to the Oilers due to duties at Gillette, but after reading Joe McDonald's coverage of the game — I trust his hockey knowledge implicitly — I'm a #RideTheDobby guy but I'm on board with starting Tuukka Rask on Wednesday. They need to get him going, and he deserves another shot.
- Now, if they lose again on Wednesday, then all bets are off. I'd be on board with starting Dobby at Philly and Nashville. Bruins need to get Tuukka up to speed, but they can't throw the season away doing it.
- Bring me Shohei Otani!
- We'll talk more about this during Steelers week, but Pittsburgh's up-and-down nature is a direct result of Mike Tomlin's leadership, or lack thereof. The Patriots' consistency is a direct result of Bill Belichick's leadership.
- In case you missed it: A star was born in San Francisco ... Jimmy Garoppolo! (Ok, maybe not, we'll see)
- I don't want to hear your reasons for it, Mike McCarthy: there's no way you attempt a 57-yard field goal at Heinz Field in late November. That was a dumb decision.
- What the heck has happened to the Chiefs? And Alex Smith is about to be Kaepernick-ed again.
- Aqib Talib ejected again? I'm shocked.
And away we go...
My column on how the Patriots need to manage Tom Brady's exposure to hits better (and no, I'm talking about sitting him earlier because I know that's not going to happen)
BSJ Game Report: All the insight and analysis you need to know (and stay for the gif of Ted Karras and Scar)
Dr. Flynn decided to chip in some injury analysis (free for Cyber Monday, or something like that)
Happy Gilmore: Cornerback has emerged as force in Patriots’ secondary
Notebook: Offensive line struggles in pass protection against Miami
Coverage and rush come together for Patriots’ defense in 35-17 win
Dion Lewis runs his way to a career-best day against Dolphins
Podcast: Bedard on Patriots postgame show 11.26.17
Video: Bill Belichick on win vs. Dolphins
Video: Tom Brady on win vs. Dolphins
Video: Devin McCourty on defense in win vs. Dolphins
Live Coverage: Dion Lewis leads the way as Patriots pound Dolphins, 35-17
Photo gallery: Richins’ top shots from Patriots-Dolphins
McDonald: Loss wasn’t Tuukka Rask’s fault, and he needs to start vs. Lightning
BSJ Game Report: Oilers 4, Bruins 2 — Not Rask’s fault as winning streak comes to an end for Boston
Live Coverage from the Bruins' 4-2 loss to the Oilers
Bruins and Patriots are off.
10:30 a.m.: Bill Belichick conference call
7 p.m.: Pistons at Celtics, NBCSB (Robb)
8:30 p.m.: NFL Football — Houston at Baltimore (ESPN)
Great meeting up with a couple of valued members of the #BSJFamily before the Patriots game.
Weekly schedule (subject to change, due to travel, of course):
Mondays: Sean McAdam - Red Sox/MLB.
Tuesdays: Christopher Price - Patriots/NFL.
Wednesdays: Brian Robb - Celtics/NBA.
Thursdays: Joe McDonald - Bruins/NHL.
Fridays: Greg Bedard, Noon - Patriots/NFL/BSJ.
Tis the season: GIFT SUBSCRIPTIONS
We just added a printable gift card option on the gift page. You can print it, fill it out however you want, stuff the gift membership information in there, and you’re all set! Or you could just forward the gift email you receive. Either way, you’re going to be a hero to that special Boston sports fan in your life.
A few reminders:
- Every Friday, Dr. Jessica Flynn will answer your injury questions about all four teams, or any other injury questions you have. You can submit those questions at any time via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or you can Tweet them to her here.
- Mr. PatsCap himself, Miguel Benzan, will also be doing a weekly mailbag with all your funky cap-related inquiries. Hit him up via email or Twitter.
- We just added a ton of content to the Free Preview section, so if you have any friends that are holding out, send them here to take a look. Included are a couple of my Patriots’ breakdowns. Make sure you tell them we don’t talk about #BSJFightClub.
- iOS app. Android app. (Both have 5-star reviews)
- You can subscribe here.
- If you wish to upgrade your subscription to any of our other levels at any time, hit My Account at the top of the screen and then click Upgrade Subscription through a browser. In the app, click the settings thingy in the upper right-hand corner, click My Account, and then Upgrade Subscription.
- We're going to kick in our advertising plan very soon. We're looking for advertising partners who realize the unique value of BSJ, and like to support small, home-grown businesses. For more information, go here. For this model to work, we need advertisers to help offset our travel budget. It's crucial.
- Find a typo? Let us know at email@example.com.
- Need help? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org