All I can think of these days when I watch the Celtics is the sense of inevitability that creeps into every game. No matter the deficit, no matter the situation, there's always that same feeling: Well, how are they going to come back this time? Will it be Kyrie doing something we've never seen around these parts for a long time? Al Horford? Will it be one or both parts of the Ambiguously Jay Duo? (Copyright Tom Giles.) On Saturday, it was a wild road rally in Indiana that saw the Celtics turn a double-digit deficit in the second quarter to a double-digit second-half lead of their own and another win. Just another night for the C's.
Oh, and I know we don't talk a lot about college football in this space, but after what happened this weekend, I'm not sure we have much of a choice. The weekend's big winners? Auburn (who shocked Alabama and kept its slim title hopes alive at the expense of noted jeans-hater Nick Saban), Oklahoma (I'm fascinated to see if the Patriots would take Baker Mayfield if he was there at the start of the second round with the Niners pick), Wisconsin and Ohio State.
Three more things: One, shout-out to Boston College for finishing the year on an impressive note with five wins in its last six games. Two, Clemson's Hunter Renfrow will make a great Patriot. And three, we're irrationally excited for the start of the Chip Kelly Era at UCLA and what he might do with the Bruins. Chip Kelly! Talk about a guy who has beaten the system.
Chip Kelly has signed 20 yrs & $100,500,000 dollars worth of contracts...IN THE PAST 7 years!!
— Chris Law (@ChrisLaw) November 25, 2017
Anyway, here are a couple of site items, if you missed them Saturday:
- I just added a ton of content to the Free Preview section, so if you have any friends that are holding out, send them here to take a look. Included are a couple of my Patriots' breakdowns. Make sure you tell them we don't talk about #BSJFightClub.
- Also, just added a printable gift card option on the gift page. You can print it, fill it out however you want, stuff the gift membership information in there, and you're all set! Or you could just forward the gift email you receive. Either way, you're going to be a hero to that special Boston sports fan in your life.
And away we go...
12:40 p.m.: Tweetup with Bedard at Gillette, Behind Sec. 123 by ATM
1 p.m.: Dolphins at Patriots, CBS (Bedard, Price, Richins)
5 p.m.: Oilers at Bruins, NESN (McDonald)
Boston NFL TV
4:05 p.m.: Seattle at San Francisco (FOX)
4:25 p.m.: New Orleans at LA Rams (CBS)
6 p.m.: CFL Grey Cup — Calgary vs. Toronto (ESPN2)
8:30 p.m.: Green Bay at Pittsburgh (NBC)
Weekly schedule (subject to change, due to travel, of course):
Mondays: Sean McAdam - Red Sox/MLB.
Tuesdays: Christopher Price - Patriots/NFL.
Wednesdays: Brian Robb - Celtics/NBA.
Thursdays: Joe McDonald - Bruins/NHL.
Fridays: Greg Bedard, Noon - Patriots/NFL/BSJ.
A few reminders:
- Every Friday, Dr. Jessica Flynn will answer your injury questions about all four teams, or any other injury questions you have. You can submit those questions at any time via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or you can Tweet them to her here.
- Mr. PatsCap himself, Miguel Benzan, will also be doing a weekly mailbag with all your funky cap-related inquiries. Hit him up via email or Twitter.
- A ton of our best work is available for free in our preview section if you're still on the fence about subscribing. Or if you have friends you want to join you as a member, send them that link to check us out.
- iOS app. Android app. (Both have 5-star reviews)
- You can subscribe here.
- You can give a gift subscription here.
- If you wish to upgrade your subscription to any of our other levels at any time, hit My Account at the top of the screen and then click Upgrade Subscription through a browser. In the app, click the settings thingy in the upper right-hand corner, click My Account, and then Upgrade Subscription.
- We're going to kick in our advertising plan very soon. We're looking for advertising partners who realize the unique value of BSJ, and like to support small, home-grown businesses. For more information, go here. For this model to work, we need advertisers to help offset our travel budget. It's crucial.
- Find a typo? Let us know at email@example.com.
- Need help? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org