Hope everyone had a great couple days with family and friends. I'm not going to lie, it was kind of nice not having to deal with a breaking news situation and just chill out a little.
But I was still keeping an eye on the locals. Love those holidays when the Bruins and Celtics play a Garden doubleheader. Great way to spend the day. And shoutout to the Bull Gang! Great work getting the Garden ready.
A couple of thoughts:
- I've been Team #RideTheDobby as much as anyone, but think it's time to sit him on Sunday vs. the Oilers. Dobby looked a little tired on Friday and Tuukka should be well rested.
- Now we get to see what Tuukka's made of. Is he going to rise to the challenge? Or is he going to be a little diva and continue pouting about the "benching" on the ice?
- Man, Charlie McAvoy is really coming into his own, and he's really, really, really good. Not as good as Ray Bourque at the same age, but pretty darn close. Bourque just belonged from the first day he stepped on the ice. McAvoy took a little more time, but, man, he's good.
- How on Earth was not that interference on Sidney Crosby? Even when I watch my son's squirt teams, if you hack at the goalie while you're in the crease, that's penalty. That was a penalty, it's not a goal. Oh, sorry, forgot it was the Golden Child so he never does anything wrong.
- I'm not a big follower so I thought Terry Rozier missing all of shots was part of his charm. I didn't know he could actually make them!
A couple of site items:
- I just added a ton of content to the Free Preview section, so if you have any friends that are holding out, send them here to take a look. Included are a couple of my Patriots' breakdowns. Make sure you tell them we don't talk about #BSJFightClub.
- Also, just added a printable gift card option on the gift page. You can print it, fill it out however you want, stuff the gift membership information in there, and you're all set! Or you could just forward the gift email you receive. Either way, you're going to be a hero to that special Boston sports fan in your life.
And away we go...
Live Saturday morning Q&A with Bedard.
Injury Updates: Gronk and Brady removed from report, pronounce themselves good to go.
The latest Pats-related mailbag from Doc Flynn
Five questions on the Dolphins with Miami writer Armando Salguero
David Pastrnak ends his goal-scoring draught, but the B's still need more from him.
BSJ Game Report: B's edge Pens.
The view from Pittsburgh take a look at the staggering Penguins.
Video: Matt Grzelcyk talks about his first career goal
11 a.m.(-isb): BSJ Live Q&A — Greg Bedard on Patriots/NFL/BSJ (Have some things going on today, but I'll definitely answer them at some point)
8 p.m.: Celtics at Pacers NBCSB
8 p.m.: NCAAB — Boston College at Providence (FS1)
What was this big fella thinking, charging Kyrie? LOL
Weekly schedule (subject to change, due to travel, of course):
Mondays: Sean McAdam - Red Sox/MLB.
Tuesdays: Christopher Price - Patriots/NFL.
Wednesdays: Brian Robb - Celtics/NBA.
Thursdays: Joe McDonald - Bruins/NHL.
Fridays: Greg Bedard, Noon - Patriots/NFL/BSJ.
A few reminders:
- Every Friday, Dr. Jessica Flynn will answer your injury questions about all four teams, or any other injury questions you have. You can submit those questions at any time via email (email@example.com), or you can Tweet them to her here.
- Mr. PatsCap himself, Miguel Benzan, will also be doing a weekly mailbag with all your funky cap-related inquiries. Hit him up via email or Twitter.
- A ton of our best work is available for free in our preview section if you're still on the fence about subscribing. Or if you have friends you want to join you as a member, send them that link to check us out.
- iOS app. Android app. (Both have 5-star reviews)
- You can subscribe here.
- You can give a gift subscription here.
- If you wish to upgrade your subscription to any of our other levels at any time, hit My Account at the top of the screen and then click Upgrade Subscription through a browser. In the app, click the settings thingy in the upper right-hand corner, click My Account, and then Upgrade Subscription.
- We're going to kick in our advertising plan very soon. We're looking for advertising partners who realize the unique value of BSJ, and like to support small, home-grown businesses. For more information, go here. For this model to work, we need advertisers to help offset our travel budget. It's crucial.
- Find a typo? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need help? Drop us a line at email@example.com