- First of all, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone out there from the BSJ Family. Hope this weekend is filled with good times with family and friends, and everybody gets a chance to reconnect with what's important and recharge.
- Those of us at BSJ are very thankful for the unbelievable support that we've had — especially from our 6,000-plus members — getting this small, independent venture off the ground. It's been a lot of hard work from everyone you see here at the site, but also the people that you don't, especially my wife, and others who have helped us along the way. I know we'll be here for many more Thanksgivings, so take a look around and take a snapshot so you'll be able to compare where we are in a year.
- We have a few things set to be published today, especially a very special New England Roots, so make sure you check back in between football games and servings of turkey. But, largely, the BSJ Family will be off today for a well-earned day of rest. Of course, I say that and the Red Sox will trade for Giancarlo Stanton. And we'll swing back into action with the type of analysis and insight you expect.
- We had mentioned a possible BSJ event near the Garden between the Bruins and Celtics games on Black Friday, but we just couldn't get something nailed down in time. But, trust me, we'll be having some in the very near future.
- On our fields of play, the Celtics finally saw their winning streak come to end. Of course, they made it wildly entertaining and came back from another huge deficit.
- When the Celtics were down 15 with about eight minutes left, I told my kids it was over. And like four minutes later, the Celtics were down two points. Man, that team is unbelievable. They never stop, but they really need to stop falling behind by double digits early.
- And the Bruins had their own entertaining game in New Jersey where they won to make it three-straight. Anton Khudobin was again the story as he was insane in the shootout. And how about Charlie McAvoy with the moves! Whoever has Tuukka Rask over for Thanksgiving dinner ... could get a little awkward.
That's about it from here. Have a great day.
And away we go...
5 thoughts on the end of the streak.
Game Report: Everything you need to know with insight and analysis.
Q&A with B-Robb.
Why Marcus Smart's shooting woes could keep him in green longer.
Tom Brady missed practice with an Achilles injury. Don't freak out.
Shaq Mason lets his play do the talking during impressive streak.
Rob Gronkowski is now down to four ways to earn his $5.5 million incentive.
PatsCap Mailbag: Is the Cassius Marsh release more evidence of a subpar Patriots offseason?
All local teams are off.
12:30 p.m.: Minnesota at Detroit (Fox)
4:30 p.m.: LA Chargers at Dallas (CBS)
8:30 p.m.: NY Giants at Washington (NBC)
11 a.m.: BSJ Live Q&A — Joe McDonald on Bruins/NHL
Noon: BSJ Live Q&A — Greg Bedard on Patriots/NFL/BSJ
1 p.m.: Penguins at Bruins, NBC (McDonald)
7 p.m.: Magic at Celtics, NBCSB (Robb)
I could watch this all day.
Weekly schedule (subject to change, due to travel, of course):
Mondays: Sean McAdam - Red Sox/MLB.
Tuesdays: Christopher Price - Patriots/NFL.
Wednesdays: Brian Robb - Celtics/NBA.
Thursdays: Joe McDonald - Bruins/NHL.
Fridays: Greg Bedard, Noon - Patriots/NFL/BSJ.
A few reminders:
- Every Friday, Dr. Jessica Flynn will answer your injury questions about all four teams, or any other injury questions you have. You can submit those questions at any time via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or you can Tweet them to her here.
- Mr. PatsCap himself, Miguel Benzan, will also be doing a weekly mailbag with all your funky cap-related inquiries. Hit him up via email or Twitter.
- A ton of our best work is available for free in our preview section if you're still on the fence about subscribing. Or if you have friends you want to join you as a member, send them that link to check us out.
- iOS app. Android app. (Both have 5-star reviews)
- You can subscribe here.
- You can give a gift subscription here.
- If you wish to upgrade your subscription to any of our other levels at any time, hit My Account at the top of the screen and then click Upgrade Subscription through a browser. In the app, click the settings thingy in the upper right-hand corner, click My Account, and then Upgrade Subscription.
- We're going to kick in our advertising plan very soon. We're looking for advertising partners who realize the unique value of BSJ, and like to support small, home-grown businesses. For more information, go here. For this model to work, we need advertisers to help offset our travel budget. It's crucial.
- Find a typo? Let us know at email@example.com.
- Need help? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org