I think I'm just going to keep using this headline every day until some Boston team loses (that would be Wednesday night with the Bruins in New Jersey).
It's 24 games and counting, for those of you keeping score at home.
Well, I'll say this, the Celtics tried really, really hard last night to make me look like a jinx, and then Kyrie put on a cape and did some superhero stuff.
Sorry, I missed the game. Too busy collecting our Wayland Men's Softball League championship trophy (humble brag). In all seriousness, the league is part of Wayland Dads, which is a really great community service organization.
Count me all in on riding Anton Khudobin in net for the Bruins. #RideTheDobby Yeah, he's going to implode at some point. And, yeah, Tuukka Rask is probably going to be cranky for a while, but maybe it will kick him in the rear and get him to start carrying this team once in a while like he's getting paid to do.
If I've said it once, I've said it a million times: the problem with today's NFL is the brain drain among head coaches. It's Bill Belichick, and then everyone else. It didn't always use to be that way (from that column):
Kids today don’t understand that those of us who grew up in the 1980s used to tune into NFL games because of the coaching matchups. Just in the NFC East alone, you couldn’t wait to watch Landry, Gibbs and Parcells match wits, and cross-divisional matchups that mixed in Walsh, Shula and Noll were a treat. Even watching a Wyche, Knox, Flores, Coryell or Reeves team (to name a few) was going to be worth your time because they were creative and/or well coached.
Let's just take some of the coaching matchups for this coming weekend.
Chargers at Cowboys
When I grew up: Don Coryell vs. Tom Landry
Thursday: Anthony Lynn vs. Jason Garrett
Giants at Redskins
When I grew up: Bill Parcells vs. Joe Gibbs
Thursdsay: Ben McAdoo vs. Jay Gruden
Browns at Bengals
When I grew up: Marty Schottenheimer vs. Sam Wyche
Sunday: Hue Jackson vs. Marvin Lewis
Bears at Eagles
When I grew up: Mike Ditka vs. Buddy Ryan
Sunday: John Fox vs. Doug Pederson
Seahawks at 49ers
When I grew up: Chuck Knox vs. Bill Walsh
Sunday: Pete Carroll vs. Kyle Shanahan
Broncos at Raiders
When I grew up: Dan Reeves vs. Tom Flores
Sunday: Vance Joseph vs. Jack Del Rio
Packers at Steelers
When I grew up: Forrest Gregg vs. Chuck Noll
Sunday: Mike McCarthy vs. Mike Tomlin
Dolphins at Patriots
When I grew up: Don Shula vs. Raymond Berry
Today: Adam Gase vs. Bill Belichick
And away we go...
Price has a Q&A at 2 p.m. Go leave your questions for him now.
Three thoughts on the passing of Terry Glenn.
Notebook: Patriots react to Glenn's passing.
AFC playoff picture.
Miguel's all over those incentives.
Week 11 Patriots stats from PFF.
Patriots, Celtics are off.
11 a.m.: Bruins practice, Warrior Ice Arena (McDonald)
2-4 p.m.: Bedard in studio with Felger & Mazz (Listen live)
2 p.m.: Live Q&A — Chris Price on Patriots/NFL.
Point guard ... or Superman?
Weekly schedule (subject to change, due to travel, of course):
Mondays: Sean McAdam - Red Sox/MLB.
Tuesdays: Christopher Price - Patriots/NFL.
Wednesdays: Brian Robb - Celtics/NBA.
Thursdays: Joe McDonald - Bruins/NHL.
Fridays: Greg Bedard, Noon - Patriots/NFL/BSJ.
A few reminders:
- Every Friday, Dr. Jessica Flynn will answer your injury questions about all four teams, or any other injury questions you have. You can submit those questions at any time via email (email@example.com), or you can Tweet them to her here.
- Mr. PatsCap himself, Miguel Benzan, will also be doing a weekly mailbag with all your funky cap-related inquiries. Hit him up via email or Twitter.
- A ton of our best work is available for free in our preview section if you're still on the fence about subscribing. Or if you have friends you want to join you as a member, send them that link to check us out.
- iOS app. Android app. (Both have 5-star reviews)
- You can subscribe here.
- You can give a gift subscription here.
- If you wish to upgrade your subscription to any of our other levels at any time, hit My Account at the top of the screen and then click Upgrade Subscription through a browser. In the app, click the settings thingy in the upper right-hand corner, click My Account, and then Upgrade Subscription.
- We're going to kick in our advertising plan very soon. We're looking for advertising partners who realize the unique value of BSJ, and like to support small, home-grown businesses. For more information, go here. For this model to work, we need advertisers to help offset our travel budget. It's crucial.
- Find a typo? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need help? Drop us a line at email@example.com