Good (very late) morning!
Well, as far as days go, that was a pretty good one for BSJ.
First, we cracked 6,000 paid members in 118 days, and the Bruins and Celtics gave everyone a clean sweep in Atlanta and San Jose.
A little bit more about the former...
Thank you so much for all of your support. We are still way ahead of projections, which only reinforces that we're making an impact and filling a need. We can't do it without you, so keep spreading the BSJ commenting and participating in the site through comments, emails to myself, Mrs. BSJ and the staff. Keep us accountable and on our toes.
A few numbers:
6,003 paid members
251 free military memberships
76 Wicked Diehard Lifetime members.
7,254 iOS downloads
1,142 Android downloads
3.91 million pageviews
383,287 unique users
I'm personally blown away by all of those numbers.
The bigger thing is that because you all have embraced a new way of doing things and an independent outlet, we're making an impact on the Boston sports media scene. I know at least one outlet that has used BSJ to open up a hiring freeze. You'll also notice that some of the user experiences have decluttered across the Boston sports media. And I know some outlets have already reacted to us in how they do things, and are designing products to compete with BSJ.
To all of which, I say: competition makes everyone better, and let's go.
The bottom line is, the more people who support us, the more the traditional outlets will have to pay attention and change their ways to benefit Boston sports fans as a whole. So the winner in this is all of you.
And away we go...
Bruins and Celtics are off.
4:25 p.m.: Patriots at Raiders, Mexico City (CBS)
Boston NFL TV lineup
1 p.m.: Lions at Bears (FOX)
1 p.m.: Chiefs at Giants (CBS)
8:30 p.m.: Eagles at Cowboys (NBC)
DeBrusk must have heard about BSJ reaching 6k.
Weekly schedule (subject to change, due to travel, of course):
Mondays: Sean McAdam - Red Sox/MLB.
Tuesdays: Christopher Price - Patriots/NFL.
Wednesdays: Brian Robb - Celtics/NBA.
Thursdays: Joe McDonald - Bruins/NHL.
Fridays: Greg Bedard, Noon - Patriots/NFL/BSJ.
A few reminders:
- Every Friday, Dr. Jessica Flynn will answer your injury questions about all four teams, or any other injury questions you have. You can submit those questions at any time via email (email@example.com), or you can Tweet them to her here.
- Mr. PatsCap himself, Miguel Benzan, will also be doing a weekly mailbag with all your funky cap-related inquiries. Hit him up via email or Twitter.
- A ton of our best work is available for free in our preview section if you're still on the fence about subscribing. Or if you have friends you want to join you as a member, send them that link to check us out.
- iOS app. Android app. (Both have 5-star reviews)
- You can subscribe here.
- You can give a gift subscription here.
- If you wish to upgrade your subscription to any of our other levels at any time, hit My Account at the top of the screen and then click Upgrade Subscription through a browser. In the app, click the settings thingy in the upper right-hand corner, click My Account, and then Upgrade Subscription.
- We're going to kick in our advertising plan very soon. We're looking for advertising partners who realize the unique value of BSJ, and like to support small, home-grown businesses. For more information, go here. For this model to work, we need advertisers to help offset our travel budget. It's crucial.
- Find a typo? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need help? Drop us a line at email@example.com