A few thoughts heading into another busy Friday in the Boston sports world:
- The Patriots answered Greg Bedard's wishes on Thursday by claiming Martellus Bennett and getting Rob Gronkowski some help. Nice to see the boss ahead of the curve on that one.
— Greg A. Bedard (@GregABedard) October 30, 2017
- The local football media seems to be pumped up about Bennett's return because of his reliability as a great quote in the locker room. Can't blame them one bit. Was just trying to make a comparison for a former Celtic that would produce a similar reaction from the media if he returned and Evan Turner would have to be the guy. Look at these gems.
- Very curious to see if the Celtics can make it 11 straight tonight. My guess is we don't see Al Horford (already ruled out) and Jayson Tatum (questionable with ankle injury) because why risk anything with the rookie so early into the year. C's still have enough manpower up front to deal with Dwight Howard without both guys, but foul trouble could be a big issue in the frontcourt if Aron Baynes or Daniel Theis get a few early.
Weekly schedule (subject to change, due to travel, of course):
Mondays: Sean McAdam - Red Sox/MLB.
Tuesdays: Christopher Price - Patriots/NFL.
Wednesdays: Brian Robb - Celtics/NBA.
Thursdays: Joe McDonald - Bruins/NHL.
Fridays: Greg Bedard, Noon - Patriots/NFL/BSJ.
And away we go...
Video: Rob Gronkowski on the possibility of facing some fatigue and the West Coast trip
7 a.m.: Patriots locker room availability (Price)
11:30 a.m.: Patriots practice availability (Price)
12 p.m.: Live Q&A - Greg Bedard on Pats/NFL/BSJ
7:00 p.m.: Bruins at Maple Leafs, NESN (McDonald)
7:30 p.m.: Hornets at Celtics, NBC Sports Boston (Robb)
Awesome to see this:
— Sportsnet (@Sportsnet) November 10, 2017
A few reminders:
- Every Friday, Dr. Jessica Flynn will answer your injury questions about all four teams, or any other injury questions you have. You can submit those questions at any time via email (email@example.com), or you can Tweet them to her here.
- Mr. PatsCap himself, Miguel Benzan, will also be doing a weekly mailbag with all your funky cap-related inquiries. Hit him up via email or Twitter.
- A ton of our best work is available for free in our preview section if you're still on the fence about subscribing. Or if you have friends you want to join you as a member, send them that link to check us out.
- iOS app. Android app. (Both have 5-star reviews)
- You can subscribe here.
- You can give a gift subscription here.
- If you wish to upgrade your subscription to any of our other levels at any time, hit My Account at the top of the screen and then click Upgrade Subscription through a browser. In the app, click the settings thingy in the upper right-hand corner, click My Account, and then Upgrade Subscription.
- We're going to kick in our advertising plan very soon. We're looking for advertising partners who realize the unique value of BSJ, and like to support small, home-grown businesses. For more information, go here. For this model to work, we need advertisers to help offset our travel budget. It's crucial.
- Find a typo? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need help? Drop us a line at email@example.com