A few quick thoughts as I put the ark back in the garage and prepare for a couple days of sunshine:
- Nice night for the locals as both the Bruins and the Celtics notched victories last night.
- Feels like the Celtics are starting to figure out life A.G. -- after Gordon. Loving the minutes out of the second group of Smart/Rozier/Ojeleye/Tatum/Baynes. I think they need a nickname. That's one motley crew.
- One statement I never thought I'd be making: thank goodness for Danton Heinen.
- Bruce Cassidy, on Anton Khudobin: "Dobby’s always going to have a bit of energy, for lack of a better word, and more movement than most." That might be the understatement of the early season. Does that guy ever stop moving in the net?
- Was hoping Alex Cora would tab a more veteran bench coach, but I'm sure he has his reasons for targeting a buddy.
- We might alone on this outside of the BBWAA, but we'll miss Brian Butterfield. He's been a supporter of BSJ and loves his football. We wish him luck with the Cubs and hope he won't be a stranger (he won't).
A few reminders:
- Every Friday, Dr. Jessica Flynn will answer your injury questions about all four teams, or any other injury questions you have. You can submit those questions at any time via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or you can Tweet them to her here.
- Mr. PatsCap himself, Miguel Benzan, will also be doing a weekly mailbag with all your funky cap-related inquiries. Hit him up via email or Twitter.
- A ton of our best work is available for free in our preview section if you're still on the fence about subscribing. Or if you have friends you want to join you as a member, send them that link to check us out.
- iOS app. Android app. (Both have 5-star reviews)
- You can subscribe here.
- You can give a gift subscription here.
- If you wish to upgrade your subscription to any of our other levels at any time, hit My Account at the top of the screen and then click Upgrade Subscription through a browser. In the app, click the settings thingy in the upper right-hand corner, click My Account, and then Upgrade Subscription.
- We're going to kick in our advertising plan very soon. We're looking for advertising partners who realize the unique value of BSJ, and like to support small, home-grown businesses. For more information, go here. For this model to work, we need advertisers to help offset our travel budget. It's crucial.
- Find a typo? Let us know at email@example.com.
- Need help? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
And away we go...
Chris Price looks at the on-field ramifications of Dont'a Hightower's injury.
Ex-scout doesn't expect Patriots to change very much in wake of Dont'a Hightower's injury.
Notes: Danny Amendola is dinged up again.
Miguel looks at all the cap ramifications of the Hightower injury.
Van Noy, Harris ready to step up at LB.
Video: McCourty on overcoming Hightower's absence.
WR Eric Kumerow added to practice squad.
PatsCap Mailbag: A lot of people want to know how to get rid of Stephon Gilmore.
Game Report for the 2-1 victory over the Sharks.
JoeyMac makes a good argument that the Joe Thornton trade had to happen, for Patrice Bergeron and the Bruins. I'm sure others would disagree.
JoeyMac Live Q&A.
Live Coverage of the 2-1 win.
9 a.m.: Bill Belichick press conference (Bedard)
1:30 p.m.: Patriots locker room availability (Bedard).
Noon: Live Q&A: McAdam on Red Sox.
8 p.m.: College football - Florida State at Boston College (ESPN)
8:20 p.m.: World Series Game 3 (Series tied 1-1-), Dodgers at Astros (FOX)
I saw this live, and I'm still not sure how Kyrie made this shot.