Sorry for the delay this morning. We had a minor glitch that prevented us from posting.
- What did you do for your 21st birthday? For most of us, it was a night we don't remember that well for obvious reasons. If you're Jaylen Brown, you just go out and score 23 points in a blowout of the Knicks.
- The thing I love about Brown is that he's just smooth. He's never really out of control with his body one way or the other. In my experience, that's one of the boxes I check when evaluating whether or not an athlete has a chance at stardom. And that's across all sports. Some athletes just always look smooth and totally in control of their bodies: rarely off-balance, their feet don't get in front of the body, always in control ... Other people like that who immediately come to mind: Le'Veon Bell, Kyrie Irving, Andrew Benintendi, Xander Bogaerts... Brown's has that trait. Now, it doesn't mean he's definitely going to be a star, because so much goes into that, but he certainly has a chance.
- I can't be the only one who thinks that Malcolm Butler looks like his old self since Stephon Gilmore has been out with a concussion. I don't think that's a coincidence. Hopefully, Butler keeps it up when the inevitable happens: Gilmore being inserted back into the starting lineup. You don't pull the plug after five games on a guy you're paying $23 million this season. Now if it's still a problem in the middle of November, then we can talk.
A few reminders:
- Every Friday, Dr. Jessica Flynn will answer your injury questions about all four teams, or any other injury questions you have. You can submit those questions at any time via email (email@example.com), or you can Tweet them to her here.
- Mr. PatsCap himself, Miguel Benzan, will also be doing a weekly mailbag with all your funky cap-related inquiries. Hit him up via email or Twitter.
- A ton of our best work is available for free in our preview section if you're still on the fence about subscribing. Or if you have friends you want to join you as a member, send them that link to check us out.
- iOS app. Android app. (Both have 5-star reviews)
- You can subscribe here.
- You can give a gift subscription here.
- If you wish to upgrade your subscription to any of our other levels at any time, hit My Account at the top of the screen and then click Upgrade Subscription through a browser. In the app, click the settings thingy in the upper right-hand corner, click My Account, and then Upgrade Subscription.
- We're going to kick in our advertising plan very soon. We're looking for advertising partners who realize the unique value of BSJ, and like to support small, home-grown businesses. For more information, go here. For this model to work, we need advertisers to help offset our travel budget. It's crucial.
- Find a typo? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need help? Drop us a line at email@example.com
And away we go...
Some good tidbits on the new Sox manager from McAdam: utility players often make the best managers, and Alex Cora was basically a Manny Ramirez go-between for Terry Francona.
Jayson Tatum > Markelle Fultz so far, in a big way.
BSJ Game Report: Celtics 110, Knicks 91
Video: Tatum and Al Horford.
What's up with the disabled player exception for Gordon Hayward, and what does it mean for the Celtics?
Celtics are off.
10:30 a.m.: Bruins practice, Warrior Ice Arena (McDonald)
11 a.m.: Patriots conference call
4:15 p.m.: Tom Brady/Patriots locker room availability.
5 p.m.: Live Q&A: B-Robb on Celtics.
8:09 p.m.: World Series, Game 2 (LA leads 1-0) - Astros at Dodgers (FOX)
Little payback for #videogate