A few quick thoughts as this shapes up to be a beautiful day.
- Gordon Hayward's father is the AP on his son's ankle status:
- Kyrie Irving had a rough shooting night. Team was put in a tough spot playing back-to-back after the emotions of opening night against LeBron James (before the Hayward drama). I'm not worried.
- Things change pretty quickly around here. Three weeks ago, the Red Sox were going to the playoffs, the Celtics looked great heading into a new era, the Bruins seemed like they had a great blend of youth and experience, and the Patriots were the Patriots. Now? The Sox are looking for a manager, Hayward is likely done for the season, the Bruins have looked terrible and veterans keep getting hurt, and the Patriots have a historically bad defense. Of course, things can swing back just as easily.
- Tom Brady's availability in front of the Patriots media has been pushed back two-straight days to Friday. He had time to do the call with the Atlanta media, but he can't be on camera here. What's up with that? Prepare for mass hysteria.
- It's going to be in the 70s through Monday. In late October. Yeah, that's normal.
Have a great day.
A few reminders:
- Every Friday, Dr. Jessica Flynn will answer your injury questions about all four teams, or any other injury questions you have. You can submit those questions at any time via email (email@example.com), or you can Tweet them to her here.
- Mr. PatsCap himself, Miguel Benzan, will also be doing a weekly mailbag with all your funky cap-related inquiries. Hit him up via email or Twitter.
- A ton of our best work is available for free in our preview section if you're still on the fence about subscribing. Or if you have friends you want to join you as a member, send them that link to check us out.
- iOS app. Android app. (Both have 5-star reviews)
- You can subscribe here.
- You can give a gift subscription here.
- If you wish to upgrade your subscription to any of our other levels at any time, hit My Account at the top of the screen and then click Upgrade Subscription through a browser. In the app, click the settings thingy in the upper right-hand corner, click My Account, and then Upgrade Subscription.
- Find a typo? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need help? Drop us a line at email@example.com
And away we go...
Sean McAdam texted with Ron Gardenhire last night. Wonder if an lol or idk was thrown in. 😉
Hayward's agent says it's unlikely he returns this season.
BSJ Game Report: Bucks 100, Celtics 100 — Everything you need to know.
Videos: Kyrie Irving and Jaylen Brown.
Live Coverage of the game.
Brad Stevens said the Celtics expect Hayward to make a complete recovery.
Paul George, who had a similar injury, has already talked with Hayward.
Bedard's Breakdown: The defense (mostly, the secondary) is far from good.
Gronk is loose this week. Good sign?
Gilmore, Rowe and Roberts were out of practice.
Gronk wouldn't be allowed in #BSJFlightClub: he spilled the beans the players are under strict orders not to talk about the Super Bowl.
Notebook: Marcus Rush?
Shea McClellin is back at practice.
Miguel has his update to contract incentives.
Gronk tells Hayward to dominate rehab.
Analysis: Time to sit Beleskey and Vatrano, give someone else a chance.
A month ago David Backes told Joe McDonald that it would be a process for younger players to adjust to the pace of Bruce Cassidy's practice. Then Anders Bjork runs into Tuukka.
Ryan Spooner out 4-to-6 weeks.
Joe McDonald broke the news that Zane McIntyre was recalled after the Tuukka injury.
11 a.m.: Bruins pre-game skate, Warrior Ice Arena
3:15 p.m.: Tom Brady/Patriots locker room availability (Price)
5 p.m.: Live Q&A - Sean McAdam on Red Sox.
7 p.m.: Canucks at Bruins, TD Garden - NESN (McDonald)
8 p.m.: NLCS Game 5 (L.A. leads 3-1), Dodgers at Cubs (TBS)