FINAL BOX SCORE: NBA.COM
The Celtics "B" squad cruised to a 113-96 win over the Philadelphia Sixers at the TD Garden on Monday night. Semi Ojeleye led all scorers off the bench with 16 points while Terry Rozier packed the box score with 15 points, 10 rebounds and 6 assists. Al Horford, Gordon Hayward, Kyrie Irving all watched from the sidelines due to rest. Aron Baynes went down with a sprained knee and did not return. Ben Simmons led the Sixers with 15 points. Boston improved to 3-0 this preseason with the win.
THIRD QUARTER THOUGHTS (Celtics lead 87-61)
- It was Semi Ojeleye's turn to steal the show in the third quarter. The second-round pick showed some flashy offense for the first time all preseason, piling up 13 points in the frame on 4-of-5 shooting. He really showed some impressive speed in the open court on a fast break and mixing that in with his size and a promising 3-point jumper makes him another name that could challenge for big minutes at the end of the rotation.
- No Marcus Smart in the second half due to rest.
- Aron Baynes left the game with a sprained knee and he will not return. More on his status following the game.
- Terry Rozier tallied a double-double (15 points, 10 rebounds) before his night came to an end. Some encouraging work by Jaylen Brown on the glass (9 rebounds) as well despite a rough shooting night overall.
- I love how hard Yabusele plays from a defensive standpoint. He may not know what he's doing there yet from a scheme standpoint, but he's going to work his butt off getting up and down the floor.
HALFTIME THOUGHTS (Celtics lead 59-39)
- Marcus Smart may be the star of training camp to this point, but Terry Rozier is giving him a run for his money. The third-year guard was everywhere against the Sixers in the first half, tallying 15 points, 7 rebounds and 3 assists over 20 minutes. Perhaps most encouraging was his ability to draw contact and finish around the basket. He tallied seven free throws already.
- Abdel Nader hasn't been shy with his shot attempts and that's not necessarily a bad thing. The swingman's rough shooting preseason came to a stop in the second quarter as he posted a quick 12 points on 4-of-8 shooting.